Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Dreamer

"I have a Dream today" - Martin Luther King, Jr. 


A powerful speech indeed. Remembered by all the nations, live until today. A speech that is so powerful, it influences people to dream big. It allows people to achieve what they think impossible before. 

I have a dream too. A dream of becoming an important person in everything I do. So I guess, I could say I have dreams rather than a dream. However, I don't want to talk about my dream. Let's talk about other people's dreams. Guess who's the lucky people? My parents. 

I am well aware of my parents' dreams. Since I was young, I can see that everything they do, they do it for their kids. They provide us with abounding love. They taught us in every single things in life and also here-after. What is their dreams? They just want to see my siblings and I become obedient sons and daughters. A wise person who capable of taking care their own self and also their future family, a person who make mistakes, admit and learn from it and the most importantly a person who is always thankful for what they have and never neglect The One and Only Creator, God. and for that I am thankful and bless as I have such a loving parents. No one could ever top that. 


His Dream lives on; His Cartoon Characters, His Empire.
Dreaming is good. It gives me some sort of  the power to foresee the future. Well, at least I think of it that way. However, dreaming only will not change anything without any actions. Some people misuse the power of dreams and it backfires. They always say that reality sucks. In reality we have responsibility, we have a lot of things to achieve but we forgot that reality is the world we live in and dreams occur in our minds. It is up to us to construct our reality despite of all the challenges in life. 

Why don't we take out our dreams and try to apply it in our reality. Use the dreams and our imaginations as a guideline or target to reach our dream future. Dream big. Dream always yet put efforts in making it a reality. Believe in yourself, believe in your dreams.  

"If your dreams do not scare you, they're not Big enough," - President Sirleaf

ps: If you want to know about the Martin Luther King's speech, click here . You'll find the audio and also the text . =)

No comments:

Post a Comment